Monday, January 4, 2010

Preparing to Launch

So it's finally the new year, meaning the time for my departure is nigh! We leave for New York on Tuesday, and I catch the plane Wednesday. With all this crazy security tightening due to current events, everyone recommends arriving at the airport 4 HOURS ahead of time. Being at the airport by 8 AM sounds like the worst, though that probably will mean I'll sleep on the plane. Which, considering that all electronic computers and games are not allowed to be used on board, is sounding like a really good idea. Sleep and Hogfather. <3

But for now, just packing. Actually, attempting to pack everything I need to take in the span of two days. Just sent Mike home Saturday, so I didn't get to do much packing until now. Also, airlines - why must you be so picky about luggage sizes? D: I'm rather worried mine aren't going to fit the limit, but we'll see. It's so different, packing an entire semester's worth of stuff in two bags and a backpack. Hopefully I won't forget much?

*sigh* Homesickness is already hitting though. I need to psych myself up to go and remind myself of all the awesome things I want to do and see and try and all the people I want to come back online here to share it with. =) Until then, lovelies~

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment